Brian LaMere wrote:
    What version of IPA are you looking at? I have both options in mine.
    Note that if you want to use magic-private groups only set uidstart.
    We made this configurable for those installations that may have
    limited UIDs.

The lastest in the fedora repo; just installed it last night.

----------------
r...@myserver:/etc# rpm -qa |grep ipa-server
ipa-server-selinux-1.2.2-4.fc13.x86_64
ipa-server-1.2.2-4.fc13.x86_64
r...@myserver:/etc# ipa-server-install --uidstart 5000
Usage: ipa-server-install [options]
ipa-server-install: error: no such option: --uidstart
r...@myserver:/etc# ipa-server-install --gidstart 5000
Usage: ipa-server-install [options]
ipa-server-install: error: no such option: --gidstart
-----------------------

When I type "ip-server-install --help" nothing along that lines is
listed, either.

Yes, this is IPA v1. Those options are only available in IPA v2 which is current in alpha. You can try it at http://www.freeipa.org/page/Downloads

    We had the documentation in the wiki originally but it was
    incredibly difficult to keep that and our docbook-based
    documentation in sync so we dropped the wiki version. The git repo
    for the documentation is at http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/ipadocs.git

  Ah, I always considered it a specificity/sensitivity issue; the
official docs would have less info but would be more accurate, whereas
the wiki would be far more info but with less accuracy.  I'll check out
the docs in git, thanks!

Sure