Uzor Ide wrote:
I have manually enrolled and configured the client. I am able to log
into the client and access nfs4 shares. What I am wondering is if there
are anything that the client would miss by joining this way. The client
authenticate to the ipa-server through sssd. I would like to know if
HBAC and centrally managed SUDO and other policy enforcements will fail
to work because the manual enrolment.  Note that host certificate was
not generated because of the manual joining.

I guess it means by how you manually joined but based on what you can do I think you covered the major details.

If you have a host service principal in /etc/krb5.keytab and a correctly configured sssd then you are fine for HBAC and nss (users, groups, etc).

SUDO works through nss_ldap so you should be fine there as well.

ipa-client-install doesn't do anything too special, it just makes sure the environment is sane and then sets up sssd.conf, krb5.conf, fetches a host service principal and uses certmonger to get an SSL server cert. This last step is done as a convenience, it otherwise isn't used by IPA. But if you wanted to setup an HTTP server that uses the same PKI as IPA you'd have a certificate and key available.

cheers

rob

Thanks

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Dmitri Pal <d...@redhat.com
<mailto:d...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    On 03/22/2011 10:34 AM, ide4...@gmail.com <mailto:ide4...@gmail.com>
    wrote:
     > Thanks Rob,
     >
     > However the client is a fedora 13 box.
     > There is no client rpm for fedora 13

    We do not build F13 any more as the packages and functionality they
    provide deviated so far between F14-F15 and F13.

    Thank you,
    Dmitri Pal

    Sr. Engineering Manager IPA project,
    Red Hat Inc.