On 04/04/2011 03:06 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 04/04/2011 03:01 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
I also noticed that in /etc/sssd/sssd.conf the ipa server is specified
with:
ipa_server = _srv_, ipa01.ix.test.com

sssd doesn't resolve anything from IPA until I remove "_srv_,"

Stephen, was there a recent bug on this matter in SSSD?

The purpose of _srv_ is to check DNS for IPA server addresses first. The
idea is that if you have more than one IPA server in service, then you
can use DNS to list all of them. Otherwise, the ipa-client-install can
only specify a static list of servers at the time of install. This would
mean that if the IPA servers changed IP addresses or new ones entered
production, it would be necessary to change all of the client
configuration files.

I'm puzzled why you would need to remove this, unless your DNS server is
returning something other than FreeIPA servers for a SRV request
directed at _ldap.tcp

I have verfied that the _ldap._tcp is resolving correctly. DNS was set up using "ipa-server-install --setup-dns". I discovered this at the IPA server. This is a newly installed IPA server at RH 6.1 beta installed a few hours ago. No IP addresses changed.

#  host -t srv _ldap._tcp
_ldap._tcp.ix.test.com has SRV record 0 100 389 ipa01.ix.test.com.

Rgds,
Siggi