8><--------

============
What I see as one of the selling points of IPA over any "*nix client for
Active Directory", is the ability to use the operating system built in
tools.
============

Indeed.....what makes my nether regions churn is installing something from
likewise or Quest which does nasties to the guts of RHEL/linux and then Red Hat
wont/cant support it not to mention the crazy cost.....indeed even if I have a
connection to AD, MS wont support it either, our Windows admins wont/cant and
are in fact dangerous anywhere near Linux......but of course our MS biased
architect loves it because its a MS solution, and on the other side our
bsd/linux ppl want a single password functionality (AD<-->unix) they dont care
if its supportable just as long as their lives are easy and they have someone
to beat when it breaks....I'm determined it wont be me....getting a bit sick of
that, hence something like IPA fits so well...if the password sync breaks
everything else should carry on.....its one single point to fault find on, and
i have one vendor not 3 and some of 5000 odd intermediate faults that there is
no time to work on as there is just me.....

regards