Adam,
I tried to follow your recommendations with RHEL 6.1 beta on server and client
machine. Centralized login and such things work. I have NFS service too
working. But automount is not working.  For the time being I configured my
server as NFS server and created a folder /export as a share for creating home
folder. I have pam_oddjob_mkhomedir.so enabled in pam files for autocreation of
home folders. Now I can manually mount the /export nfs share on the server and
the client successfully. But when I do that on server for testing and try to
login as a new user(e.g abc), it is not creating home folder. It gives the
following error,
oddjob-mkhomedir[16401]: error setting permissions on /home/abc: Operation not
permitted
I have given 777 for my /export and rw permission in /etc/export. Output of the
command ipa automountlocation-tofiles default.

/etc/auto.master:/-      /etc/auto.direct/share  /etc/auto.share/home
/etc/auto.home---------------------------/etc/auto.direct:---------------------------/etc/auto.share:---------------------------/etc/auto.home:*
       -rw,nfs4,sec=krb5,soft,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
openipa.cohort.org:/export/home/& I tried reading many docs(RHEL deployment
guide, google, FreeIPA doc etc). The problem is that they are confusing and
conflicting in many cases.
Please advice me how to proceed.
Thanks and Regards,Nidal

                                                        Nidal,