From: freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com [freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com] on
behalf of Dmitri Pal [d...@redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, 9 June 2011 5:00 a.m.
To: freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] Inconsistant first login behaviour

On 06/07/2011 10:36 PM, Steven Jones wrote:
> Logging into the F15 client and I just login with the ldap password...
>
> If I try the same thing with RHEL5.6 I get told I have one hour to password
> expiry....
>
> I'd like it to do one or other across platforms....and be able to set this
> behaviour, per user....or not at all.

This is probably because in one case you log using LDAP password and in
another as Kerberos credential. The underlying password string is the
same but other properties like expiration are different as you see.
To have the consistent experience configure both systems to use same
type of the credential.

> regards
>
> Steven

Thank you,