On Fri, 11 Nov 2011, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > I just installed Fedora 16 and noticed that there now was an option for
> > using FreeIPA as autentication database. Awesome!
> >
> > But why the normal ldap/kerberos options that met me when I chose
> > FreeIPA (see the attachment). I was picturing auto-detection, and just a
> > username and password, same as the simplified CLI installer.
> >
> > Is this on the roadmap for the Fedora/RHEL installer?
> >
> > And, what about IPA options for the "auth" kickstart directive?
> >

> That has actually been there since Fedora 14, and it's meant for use
> with FreeIPA v1, not v2. We do need to do something about that for F17,
> though.
Should installer schedule running ipa-client-install and enroll the
machine? Many options can be re-used from the installer itself
(hostname is known at this point, as well as how network was
configured), so there is handful of things to discover.

Though I would get discovery part of the ipa-client-install reused
here -- like finding out kerberos setup via DNS and if that fails,
show UI to enter all additional details, then schedule
actual enrollment.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy