On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 20:40 +0000, Steven Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I dont think there is much realistic hope of getting windows to
> authenticate to freeIPA......the others should be able to and the
> fedora docs on the freeipa documentation web page list a specific
> method for macs for one (but I have not tried it yet, but I will
> be)....ubuntu has been mentioned before....I have to try/do that as
> well....
>
> Siggi sent me some notes a while back,

> Ubuntu client install

I don't have all of the details handy right now, but I know Timo
Aaltonen was working on porting SSSD and ipa-client to Ubuntu in order
to support the enhanced client enrollment available with those two
packages.

The SSSD and its dependencies are available in his PPA here:
https://launchpad.net/~tjaalton/+archive/ppa