On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 20:40 +0000, Steven Jones wrote:
Hi,

I dont think there is much realistic hope of getting windows to
authenticate to freeIPA......the others should be able to and the
fedora docs on the freeipa documentation web page list a specific
method for macs for one (but I have not tried it yet, but I will
be)....ubuntu has been mentioned before....I have to try/do that as
well....

Siggi sent me some notes a while back,

=============

Ubuntu client install

I don't have all of the details handy right now, but I know Timo
Aaltonen was working on porting SSSD and ipa-client to Ubuntu in order
to support the enhanced client enrollment available with those two
packages.

The SSSD and its dependencies are available in his PPA here:
https://launchpad.net/~tjaalton/+archive/ppa

Just tried to install sssd from the above repo.

There's only packages for the old 10.04 lucid and 10.10 maverick, nothing for 11.04 natty or 11.11 oneiric. I tried to install on natty using packages from maverick, but it depends on packages no longer available in the natty package tree. :(

However for oneric sssd 1.5.13 seem to have made it into the universe package tree:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/sssd

Rgds,
Siggi