On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Jeff White <jwh...@corp.acesse.com> wrote:
> I'd like to use FreeIPA with Amazon's EC2 virtual machines.  I'm seeing a
> number of barriers, mostly around DNS.  An elastic IP address looks like it
> would solve the issues, but I'm not sure that will.  And I'm wondering if
> there are any more barriers to making it work.

> Does anyone have experience with FreeIPA on EC2 or any thoughts about it?

I'm running on KVM now, but I have successfully setup FreeIPA in an
OpenVZ container. Of course, there is no SELinux (the reason I
switched), but as long as you give it enough memory (I went around 2GB
for the setup), it works great.

I understand about the IP address though. You definitely want to use
an elastic IP and adjust your /etc/hosts file accordingly so the host
knows its public IP without any doubt.

Steve