On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 09:12:35PM +0000, Steven Jones wrote:
> Yes,
>
> So, I reset the password and that failed, so I added the user to my desktop
> group logged in to my desktop with ssh localhost and set the password, then I
> could log into the client fine.  Other users had no problem logging in via
> the HBAC rule....
>
> This sort of behaviour is usually a pre-cursor to the replication totally
> failing, on average it lasts about 2 weeks....
>
> :(

I'm sorry about the trouble but without more information it's hard for
me to debug the problem.

If you get hit by the problem in the future, can you:

 - test the HBAC rule with the "ipa hbactest" command
 - attach or paste the last couple of lines from the /var/log/secure
   file
 - attach or paste the relevant contents of /var/log/sssd/sssd_pam.log
   and /var/log/sssd/sssd_$domain.log

That should be enough info for us to start looking in the right
direction.

Thank you!