Joe Linoff wrote:
Hi Folks:

I managed to get the user working doing the following (all from the CLI):

1.Deleted the user (ipa user-del new-user)

2.Re-added the user

3.Add the user to administrator groups.

4.Changed/set the password.

5.Removed the administrator privileges.

6.Attempt report ssh login.

Steps 3 and 5 are a hack but I can demonstrate that /not /doing them
causes the strange login problem. I can also show that the HBAC rules
are enforced properly after step 5 is run so this works for me. I just
don’t understand why it is necessary.

Are you performing a login between steps 3 and 5? Otherwise all that does is add a member/memberof and then remove it. I don't see how this would affect anything.

rob

Thank you for all of your help and suggestions.

Regards,

Joe