On Tue, July 31, 2012 10:20, Petr Spacek wrote:
> On 07/30/2012 10:37 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I've been having performance issues after I upgraded to RHEL 6.3 / IPA 2.2. I
>> still have a LDAP server having unusual high cpu usage even after it's been
>> removed from the SRV
>> records and is serving almost no clients anymore, but it would seem as my
>> main issues is with
>> the kerberos server.
>>
>> All kerberos services are performing very slowly, and the IPA servers has
>> much
>> higher CPU load now then what they had with IPA 2.1. Some services are
>> timing out, like
>> kerberized web servers, other kerberized services perform authentication
>> very slowly. I had to
>> switch our automounter away from kerberos authentication as it is no longer
>> usable.
>>
>> Using SSH to log on to SSSD enabled hosts are also very slow, a login takes
>> anything from 5 seconds up to 20 seconds. Noticably longer than pre IPA 2.2.
>>
>> The IPA web admin interface is definitely not faster than in IPA 2.1.
>>

>> For a comparison, listing out all the folders in an automount map, causing
>> them to be looked up from LDAP and mounted takes over 5 minutes with IPA 2.2
>> when using kerberos
>> authentication for the automounter. There are approx 130 folders in that
>> automount map.
>>
>> After unmounting all the mounted folders, and changing to using a username
>> and
>> password authentication with a TLS connection, attempting the same operating
>> again, and it now
>> finishes in about 14 seconds for both the lookup from LDAP and the mount
>> operation.
>>
>> After unmounting all the mounted folders again, changing to username and
>> password authentication with a simple unencrypted bind, and then attempting
>> the same operation
>> and it now finishes both lookup and mount in just over 5 seconds!
>>
>> I don't have any timing for kerberized automount pre IPA-2.2, but we we're
>> not
>> talking about several minutes to mount all the folders in this automount
>> map. Unfortunately
>> mounting all the folders is what happens when the users use konqueror to
>> browse the automount
>> maps, so this is a very noticable issue.
>>
>> Even loading a new gnome-terminal or konsole terminal which causes an
>> automount folder to be mounted takes anything between 5 - 15 seconds after
>> the upgrade. There
>> we're no notiable delay when opening a new terminal window pre IPA-2.2.
>>

>> I am not using SSSD for the automounter.
>>

>> I do notice that the dbmodule for the kerberos server has changed from
>> "kldap"
>> to "ipadb.so" Perhaps there is some issues with the new library?
>>

>> Regards,
>> Siggi
>>

> Hello,

> [...]

Thank you.

All 3 IPA servers are close to idle now after switching from kerberos to
user/pwd bind for the
Linux automounter.

Still there is an issue with kerberos failing to issue a ticket every now and
then and it's
responding very slowly.

There seem to be low activity on this list just now. Is the kerberos people
away on vacation?

Rgds,
Siggi