On 08/16/2012 11:18 AM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
> On 08/16/2012 09:08 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:

>>> Hmm no, not directly at least. I suppose it is possible that init didn't
>>> want to wait for it to shut down, and eventually killed it as  last
>>> resort. I think that is the default behaviour of init, or well upstart I
>>> guess. It does seem an odd way to deal with a kill though, nuke the
>>> config file.
>>
>> I did not mean to imply that it is the intentional behavior of the
>> directory server to nuke the config file in response to a kill -9.  It
>> is most certainly not.  I'm just trying to figure out what caused this
>> so we can attempt to reproduce and fix the issue.
>>

> I have also seen this, but it's been a long time ago now, perhaps in the
> 2.0 beta days or around that time. And I did have an issue with power
> cuts at that time.
>

> Regards,
> Siggi

Power wasn't cut, the system was restarted and then had hardware issues
on restart, for which power had to be cut to the system. However during
that time of power loss the OS wasn't up. So not real sure what to
attribute this to, I wish I could you folks more data points on this,
but I am afraid it was one of those damn it it is broken gotta fix it to
get it working things, when investigation wasn't the highest priority.

-Erinn