Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 09/24/2012 06:17 PM, James James wrote:
Hi guys,

we are planning to install 150 freeipa clients and I was wondering if
there is a way to easily install (from kickstart) nfsv4 client.

I can add host with

# ipa host-add --password=secret

This was exactly intended for the bulk provisioning.

The idea was that you execute this command and then have kickstart files
seeded or parameterized with this password so you will have 150
kickstart files that differ in the password value fanned out or you have
one kickstart file and the password is passed as a parameter.

This was the vision. It definitely require some collaboration with tools
like Satellite, Cobbler, Foreman, etc. We are not tried it ourselves but
hope that those projects would be able to use parametarized or seeded
kickstart files.

I'm having a hard time following what you are trying to do.

Are you not enrolling the host using ipa-client-install? Or are you just adding the host and manually getting the keytab?

The password option on a host is specifically to do kickstart enrollment. The idea is you pass it into the ipa-client-install script and the host enrolls itself.