>> I suspect it's only exiting in some of the LDAP tables, but I can't tell
>> enough about the structure to delete it from IPA, and then we can just
>> re-add it.
>>

>> Anyone have any suggestions on what to do to clean this up?
> rpm -q 389-ds-base
>
> ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -W "fqdn=mdb09.ayisnap.com"

I was actually able to find a decent ldap browser, which was able to show me
what was going on.  There was a record under accounts,computers that was named
oddly, which had the internal attributes of mdb09.

I deleted that, and it fixed the issue.  Exactly what you recommended, but I
didn't have the cli ldap skills :)

Thanks!