On 10/17/2012 11:21 AM, Macklin, Jason wrote:
ldapsearch -xLLL -H ldap://dbduvdu145.dbr.roche.com -D "cn=directory manager"
-W uid=asteinfeld \* krbPwdLockoutDuration ?
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

I know this user password
user password?  It's asking you for the directory manager password.
because I reset it for the purpose of troubleshooting this issue with that
account. I also get the same response when I use the admin account of my own
account.
You get Invalid credentials (49)?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Megginson [mailto:rmegg...@redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:15 PM
To: Macklin, Jason {DASB~Branford}
Cc: s...@redhat.com; freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] Sudo works for full access, but not on a per
command or host level.

On 10/17/2012 11:13 AM, Macklin, Jason wrote:
None of my users have an LDAP password being requested by running that command
(except the admin user).

Does each user account require an ldap account to go along with their login
account?  I just get the following over and over no matter which account I
switch in the command...

[jmacklin@dbduwdu062 Desktop]$ ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -W
uid=admin \* krbPwdLockoutDuration ?
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
[jmacklin@dbduwdu062 Desktop]$ ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -W
uid=asteinfeld \* krbPwdLockoutDuration ?
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
[jmacklin@dbduwdu062 Desktop]$ ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -W
uid=jmacklin \* krbPwdLockoutDuration ?
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
You have to specify which server to talk to using the -H ldap://fqdn.of.host
option.