Hi,

My cloned copy of IPA is in an isolated network so it has no access to our Sat 
server or the Internet.

So in production we'd just do a yum update, but in the isolated environment I 
cant do that so the test isnt real world.



regards

Steven Jones

Technical Specialist - Linux RHCE

Victoria University, Wellington, NZ

0064 4 463 6272

________________________________________
From: Rob Crittenden [rcrit...@redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 13 February 2013 9:39 a.m.
To: Steven Jones
Cc: Christian Horn; freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] Postponing IPA 3 upgrade

Steven Jones wrote:
> Trouble is getting the rpms to upgrade...

Not sure what you mean. There were some bumps in upgrading IPA v2.1 to
2.2 but they were unrelated to the rpms. The problem was in the LDAP
updater and they were generally fairly easily resolved. The resulting
upgraded server was missing schema which caused a variety of issues.

rob

>
>
> regards
>
> Steven Jones
>
> Technical Specialist - Linux RHCE
>
> Victoria University, Wellington, NZ
>
> 0064 4 463 6272
>
> ________________________________________
> From: freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com [freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com] on 
> behalf of Christian Horn [ch...@fluxcoil.net]
> Sent: Tuesday, 12 February 2013 8:30 p.m.
> To: freeipa-users@redhat.com
> Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] Postponing IPA 3 upgrade
>
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 09:05:40PM +0000, Steven Jones wrote:
>> Personally Im very worried, 6.2 to 6.3 went badly and this looks like a 
>> bigger upgrade
>
> I might miss something.. but cant one create a "throw away replica"
> of the old environment, use that then separatedly and try out the
> upgrade with it?
>
> Christian
>
> _______________________________________________
> Freeipa-users mailing list
> Freeipa-users@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Freeipa-users mailing list
> Freeipa-users@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users
>




_______________________________________________
Freeipa-users mailing list
Freeipa-users@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users

Reply via email to