On 02/12/2013 08:30 AM, Christian Horn wrote:
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 09:05:40PM +0000, Steven Jones wrote:
Personally Im very worried, 6.2 to 6.3 went badly and this looks like a bigger
upgrade
I might miss something.. but cant one create a "throw away replica"
of the old environment, use that then separatedly and try out the
upgrade with it?

Christian

He could if he has spare hardware laying around. Or if he is running it virtulized you could clone the vm easily and test it on a virtual network not connected to the rest.

But if you read Rashard's post correctly, he is afraid of yum automatically updating freeIPA and breaking it.

@ Rashard

You should not be letting yum update automatically but use Katello, Red Hat Network Satellite or Spacewalk to install updates.

Still I would like to know the same. Some other projects use version dependant repo's so you can choose to switch by changing repo, others put the version number in the package name.

--
Kind Regards,

Jorick Astrego

Netbulae B.V.