On 12.2.2013 20:21, John Dennis wrote:
On 02/12/2013 01:40 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Is it possible to ipa to send a email to user when his account is about
to expire (the current date is near krbprincipalexpiration date) ?

Not currently. In 3.0+ we will provide a notice when one logs into the
WebUI but that's it.

We can't be sure that an MTA is properly configured on the IPA server at
install time so we have punted on this for a while. We don't want to get
into the business of picking and configuring one. This is one of those
things that seems really easy but gets complicated the deeper you dig
into it. We're open to suggestions/patches.

Yeah, I don't think we want to be in the business of installing and
configuring an MTA. However, we should be able to detect if one is available
and use it if it is. I think it would be reasonable to restrict it to LMTP
with a Unix domain socket (most MTA's support this). Then our config would
have a LMTP domain socket pathname, if that pathname exists and we can connect
to it we use, if not we fallback to not generating any mail.

In meanwhile, it should be relatively simple to code script which does ldapsearch from time to time and sends some e-mails. This script doesn't have to run on the same server as IPA, only access to LDAP and some MTA is required.

--
Petr^2 Spacek