On 09/09/2013 10:20 AM, Charlie Derwent wrote:
Hi,
2 questions, some of our automation accounts are needlessly querying the IPA server every time they call a command via sudo. This is generating a lot of noise in our access logs. Is there any way to ensure certain system accounts don't call out to the IPA server for additional groups or sudo permission when completing tasks?

What are your client platforms?  Does sssd or newer versions of sudo cache?

The other question is slightly more embarrassing, one of our guys saw /var filling and noticed that /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-EXAMPLE-COM/db/ had a load of "log" files which looked like they weren't being tidied.

They are automatically cleaned up. If you have a lot of updates, it may take longer.

One stupid decision later and I'm now here asking on his behalf if there is anyway of restoring the database from a replica or is a complete rebuild required?

Just reinit the replica using ipa-replica-manage.

Second question is obviously a little bit more urgent than the first but any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Charlie