Of course, I would imagine that since the GECOS field is set upon account
creation based on the values provided for first and last name, and since
GECOS is not a provided field in the UI for user attributes, that GECOS
should be updated automatically to reflect those changes.  Bug perhaps?


On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Brian Lindblom <b...@usf.edu> wrote:

> I've run into this exact same problem.  Check the output of
>
> ipa user-find --all <user>
>
> The GECOS field is probably set to the old information.  You can use
>
> ipa user-mod --gecos="New Name" <user>
>
> to correct the issue.  This solved it for me.
>
> -Brian
>
>
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM, cbul...@gmail.com <cbul...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Jakub,
>>
>> I attached the log files after doing the same test that you requested me
>> before.
>> Please let me know if you need anything else.
>>
>> Thanks!!
>>
>>
>>
>> On 09/10/2013 06:30 AM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
>> > On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 11:14:50AM -0500, cbul...@gmail.com wrote:
>> >> Hi Jakub,
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Thanks for your time and tips about sssd cache!
>> >>
>> > I'm sorry about the late response, I didn't flag your response when it
>> > came back..
>> >
>> >> I did the test and let me explain what I got:
>> >>
>> >> - After step 4 I can see dataExpireTimestamp to 1 for the user.
>> > OK, this is expected.
>> >
>> >> - After step 7 dataExpireTimestamp is back to 0 but the user data have
>> >> not changed.
>> > This is really strange because if the dataExpireTimestamp was reset
>> > after the lookup, then the backend has updated the entry...and it should
>> > have updated the entry with the up-to-date data..
>> >
>> > Can you put debug_level=8 into the [nss] and [domain] sections
>> > and paste or attach the contents of /var/log/sssd/sssd_nss.log and
>> > /var/log/sssd/sssd_$domain.log after the request that follows the
>> sss_cache
>> > run?
>> >
>> > Also in the logs you should see the server the SSSD connects to, can you
>> > check if there is maybe some replica that is out of sync?
>> >
>> > Unfortunately I can't reproduce the bug here..
>> >
>> >> The first line after the command ldbsearch is:
>> >>
>> >> asq: Unable to register control with rootdse!
>> > No, that's an internal info, ignore this message.
>> >
>> >> Is it a problem?
>> >>
>> >> We are not using nscd service.
>> >>
>> >> Please let me know if you need to do some other tests.
>> >> Thanks in advance!
>> >
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Freeipa-users mailing list
>> Freeipa-users@redhat.com
>> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Brian Lindblom (Smith)
> Assistant Director
> Research Computing, University of South Florida
> 4202 E. Fowler Ave. SVC4010
> Office Phone: +1 813 974-1467
> Organization URL: http://rc.usf.edu
>



-- 
Brian Lindblom (Smith)
Assistant Director
Research Computing, University of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Ave. SVC4010
Office Phone: +1 813 974-1467
Organization URL: http://rc.usf.edu
_______________________________________________
Freeipa-users mailing list
Freeipa-users@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users

Reply via email to