The key in /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub matches what's in IPA for the host in question. It should not have had any connectivity issues; it's co-located with several of our IPA masters.

I'd be happy to run sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy manually but haven't been able to locate the proxy command to use via Google yet. Any guidance?