First of all, the ipa-replica-install did not allow me to use the --setup-ca
option complaining that a cert already exists, replicate creation was
successful after I skipped the option.
Seems like the replica is one except
1) There is no CA Service running on the replica (which I guess is expected)
and
2) I am unable to run ipa-client-install successfully on any clients using the
replica. (I don't have the option of using the primary master as it is
configured in a segregated environment. Only the master and replica are allowed
to sync.
Debug shows it fails at

ipa         : DEBUG    stderr=kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for realm
'mydomainname.com' while getting initial credentials

Shreeraj