Hello,

On 3.3.2014 22:57, Brendan Kearney wrote:
> Which distribution version you use? Fedora 20, with latest updates
> What plugin version you use? bind-dyndb-ldap-3.5-1.fc20.x86_64

Please make sure that you read and follow
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-interest/2014-February/msg00001.html
before you upgrade bind-dyndb-ldap to version 4.x.

The bind-dyndb-ldap 4.1 is being pushed to Fedora-updates repo right now.

I will comment on your configuration in-line:
Do you use bind-dyndb-ldap as part of ​FreeIPA installation? no, using
openldap-servers-2.4.39-2.fc20.x86_64
Please make sure that syncrepl provider is configured on your LDAP server. Syncrepl support on server side is *required* from version 4.0.

Please provide dynamic-db section from configuration
file /etc/named.conf
dynamic-db "my-domain.com" {
             library "ldap.so";
          arg "uri ldap://127.0.0.1/";;
             arg "base cn=dns,dc=my-domain,dc=com";
          arg "auth_method simple";
     arg "bind_dn cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com";
     arg "password *****";
     arg "psearch no";
This option was removed (replaced by mandatory syncrepl).

     // arg "serial_autoincrement yes";
This feature is now mandatory so the option was removed. Please make sure that bind-dyndb-ldap has write access to the configured sub-tree.

     arg "sync_ptr yes";
     arg "dyn_update yes";
     arg "connections 2";
          arg "cache_ttl 300";
This option was removed (replaced by mandatory syncrepl).

     arg "verbose_checks yes";
};

I hope this helps to prevent surprise after upgrade.

Let us know if you encounter any problems!

--
Petr^2 Spacek