On 03/10/2014 11:16 AM, artj...@free.fr wrote:
Selon Petr Spacek<pspa...@redhat.com>:

  On 7.3.2014 14:16,artj...@free.fr  wrote:
  >   I want to install ipa server with a replica. The replica has 2
NICs
: the
  ipa
  >   server is connected on the first interface and all the clients are
  connected on
  >   the second interface. The two networks are completely separated, 2
subnets
  and
  >   not routed.
  I'm curious - what is the reasoning behind this?:-)
The goal is to separate the administration flux and the userland flux.

The problem is that it is not that clean.
One server can connect to another on different ports and using different
protocols for different purposes. And client can actually be a proxy that
does
some admin tasks via LDAP or executes remote administrative commands.

I think may be it is better to explore FW rules.
For example create a FW rule that would allow only Kerberos and LDAP
connections from a set of hosts that would be clients. Hm but that again
would
prevent you from enrolling new systems since the ipa-client-install
connects
to IPA via admin interface during the enrollment stage.

May be there is some magic that can be done using DNS zones but I am not
sure...

Let me summarize this thread to:
Sorry, this is not supported.
Thanks for your answer; It's clear for me now, I understand why my different
tests didn't work.

Just for my information because it's a little bit confusing when I read in the
FreeIPA_Guide (Fedora18)  the following sentence:
19.5. Setting DNS Entries for Multi-Homed Servers
Some server machines may support multiple network interface cards (NICs).
Multi-homed machines typically have multiple IPs, all assigned to the same
hostname. This works fine in FreeIPA most of the time because it listens on all
available interfaces, except localhost. For a server to be available through any
NIC, edit the DNS zone file and add entries for each IP address. For example:
ipaserver  IN A  192.168.1.100
ipaserver  IN A  192.168.1.101
ipaserver  IN A  192.168.1.102

What is the architecture of the Multi-Homed Servers in this case ?

What do you mean "architecture" in this context?
Are you asking "what is the reason to have this host be multihomed"?
The main reason is because this is how for example EC2 (and similar) works. One machine will have internal NIC seen by the systems inside EC2 and another seen by systems outside EC2. To be able to work with clients inside and outside the cloud both NICs needs to be listed.

It becomes extremely complex very quickly and we don't have manpower to
maintain support for this kind of scenarios.
I understand well.

Ideas and patches are welcome! :-)
I can try to think about it.
Best Regards.