Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 04/17/2014 01:52 PM, Lincoln Fessenden wrote:
Hi folks!
First time I played with this was yesterday so forgive me if I am way
behind the median user here.
I installed the server twice, both times on RHEL 6.5.  Seems to work
just fine and the install goes smooth.  First install of the client
was on a RHEL 7 beta machine, which worked but I could not get server
exclusion rules working (all or nothing), hence the server reinstall.
Next I tried ipa-client on a brand new RHEL 6.5 box.  This will NOT
complete installation and the same is true for 5.10.  Different errors
though.  6.5 errors out after sending xml to the ipa-server and 5.10
right after I provide the domain name.  Since both of these machines
are new installs and current for the release, I have got to believe I
am missing something somewhere - some missing software dependency?  I
almost never have seen software in the enterprise repository that is
just broken...  Help?

Most likely there some DNS issues. Please check your DNS, /etc/hosts, etc.

Can you provide any client install logs?
That would really help.

Also http://www.freeipa.org/page/Troubleshooting might be helpful.

Yes, seeing the errors would be quite helpful too, the more context the better (/var/log/ipaclient-install.log).