On 07/16/2014 07:16 AM, dbisc...@hrz.uni-kassel.de wrote:
Hi,

this has been discussed on this list and elsewhere [1], but I'm still a little puzzled:

I have IPA running on a CentOS 6 server. This server also acts as NFS- and Samba server. My Linux clients (openSUSE 13.1) work fine (NFS, automount, user auth for ssh and display manager).

Since I also have some Windows users, I want them to be able to mount their homes via Samba using their IPA password. Just that, no AD or other fancy stuff.

Support of Windows users is still where it was. Code might have changed so the solution might not apply any more cleanly. Our general vision is that windows users belong to Windows and have to be either in AD or in Samba4.
As soon as Samba 4 supports cross forest trusts we will make it supported.
Then we will be able to support cases like you describe.

Also right now Samba FS as a member of IPA domain does not work well.
It should work better with SSSD 1.12.1 and IPA 4.1 when we make sure that all parts are in place but that would still have some problems when one has to come from windows client as there is no SSSD equivalent for windows clients.

Bottom line: no, there is no better info, sorry.

I read the instructions at [1], which appear to suit my case but at least the group.js UI patch is outdated.

Is there a more recent howto to follow? Is patching the source at all still necessary? Will doing so break the opportunity to install a replica (a step that I have planned but not yet accomplished)?

Thanks for your help.

[1] http://techslaves.org/2011/08/24/freeipa-and-samba-3-integration/

Mit freundlichen Gruessen/With best regards,

--Daniel.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal