If I remember correctly, you could not use SAN (Subject Alternate Names)
for certificates in FreeIPA 3.0 - is this still the case with 4?

I have hosts that automatically receive two hostnames, a long proper name
(like "service-i-12345678") and a simpler cname based on an index for ease
of access (like "service-1") - however since OS hostname is the "proper"
one, certs would typically be issued to that name. I want my users to be
able to hit it via the simplex "index" names. Is that currently possible
(esp given that the cnames are actualy in a different DNS domain)?

Thanks,

-M