Great news!
If I understand correctly, a package can be equivalent to several ports?
If this is correct, then could a "composite" package be built to include all necessary ports?

 * _security/sssd_ <http://www.freshports.org/security/sssd>
 * _security/sudo_ <http://www.freshports.org/security/sudo>(with SSSD
   backend)
 * _net/openldap24-client-sasl_
   <http://www.freshports.org/net/openldap24-client-sasl>
 * security/cyrus-sasl2
 * security/cyrus-sasl2-gssapi

That package could be called something like "ipa-client", and make FreeBSD - FreeIPA integration one step closer. If not possible, even a pkg equivalent to "/security/sssd" would eliminate existing possibilities for misconfiguration.