On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Roman Naumenko wrote:
Alexander Bokovoy wrote on 11-11-14 6:52:
On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Roman Naumenko wrote:
I'd like to adjust process settings on freeipa server to fit it better into virtual instance. Is it possible to change settings of java, ns-slapd and apache processes somewhere in config files and what those files are?
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/httpd.git/tree/httpd.service
-----------------------
# For example, to pass additional options (for instance, -D definitions) to the
# httpd binary at startup, you need to create a file named
# "/etc/systemd/system/httpd.service" containing:
#    .include /lib/systemd/system/httpd.service
#    [Service]
#    Environment=OPTIONS=-DMY_DEFINE
Isn't it for startup options only?
You've asked about settings for the processes, that's how it is done in
systemd environment. Check systemd.resource-control(5) and
systemd.exec(5) for details of what can be changed.

I need to set some of these, they are usually in httpd.conf

<IfModule prefork.c>
 StartServers       12
 MinSpareServers    12
 MaxSpareServers    12
 MaxClients         12
 MaxRequestsPerChild  300
</IfModule>
This is Apache-specific config and as such should go into
/etc/httpd/conf.d/, any file with .conf suffix there is automatically
included by httpd during startup thanks to the following in
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:

# Load config files in the "/etc/httpd/conf.d" directory, if any.
IncludeOptional conf.d/*.conf

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy