Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Roman Naumenko wrote:
>> Alexander Bokovoy wrote on 11-11-14 6:52:
>>> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/httpd.git/tree/httpd.service
>>> -----------------------
>>> # For example, to pass additional options (for instance, -D
>>> definitions) to the
>>> # httpd binary at startup, you need to create a file named
>>> # "/etc/systemd/system/httpd.service" containing:
>>> #    .include /lib/systemd/system/httpd.service
>>> #    [Service]
>>> #    Environment=OPTIONS=-DMY_DEFINE
>> Isn't it for startup options only?
> You've asked about settings for the processes, that's how it is done in
> systemd environment. Check systemd.resource-control(5) and
> systemd.exec(5) for details of what can be changed.
>

>> I need to set some of these, they are usually in httpd.conf
>>
>> <IfModule prefork.c>
>>  StartServers       12
>>  MinSpareServers    12
>>  MaxSpareServers    12
>>  MaxClients         12
>>  MaxRequestsPerChild  300
>> </IfModule>
> This is Apache-specific config and as such should go into
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/, any file with .conf suffix there is automatically
> included by httpd during startup thanks to the following in
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
>
> # Load config files in the "/etc/httpd/conf.d" directory, if any.
> IncludeOptional conf.d/*.conf

It depends on the version of your distro.

In recent Fedora a lot of configuration has been split out into separate
files. This particular configuration can be found in
/etc/httpd/conf.d/prefork.conf.

For older releases, on RHEL-6 for example, it is still defined in
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.

As for 389-ds, there is no magic-bullet tuning. It is very
environment-specific and heavily based on the size of your data. This
should help, https://github.com/richm/scripts/wiki/dbmon.sh