From: Tomas Babej [mailto:tba...@redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2015 1:31 AM
To: Redmond, Stacy; freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] Removing REALM requirement and home directory
location

On 05/04/2015 08:50 PM, Redmond, Stacy wrote:
I am running a RHEL7 IPA Server ipa-server 3.3.3-28
RHEL6 clients running IPA Client 3.0.0-42

I have setup an AD trust which works great, however I want to make it so the
users don't have to use @realm to login and that their home directory does not
default to /home/realm/username

Also note that you can override the home directory location using the
override_homedir directive. See man sssd.conf for more details.

AD       sbx.local
IPA       unix.sbx.local

Works great
User login:  ssh username@realm@hostname

$ ssh
aduser1@s...@linuxtest1.sbx.local<mailto:aduser1@s...@linuxtest1.sbx.local>
aduser1@s...@linuxtest1.sbx.local<mailto:aduser1@s...@linuxtest1.sbx.local>'s
password:
Last login: Fri May  1 09:36:53 2015 from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Could not chdir to home directory /home/sbx.local/aduser1: No such file or
directory
$

Any and all help is appreciated.

Tomas