John Obaterspok wrote:
Hello,

I'm using OSX 10.10.3 (Yosemite) and I've followed the Freeipa/OSX guide
at linsec.ca <http://linsec.ca>.
I can do the following with very fast response time:
- id <ipauser> on osx host
- klist/kdestroy/kinit a ticket
- ssh via SSO to ipaserver with this ticket
- ping osxhost & osxhost.local from ipaserver
- lookup users in OSX directory app
- IPA server has "green light" in OSX network account server

The thing that fails for me is login from OSX login window. Well, it
doesn't fail but it took 12 minutes for an IPA user to login.

Any ideas what to look for?

My guess is DNS issues. Wireshark may help you sort out what is going on.