On 06/15/2015 02:19 PM, Henry Hofmann wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about using IPA (v.4) with an AD (2012) Trust.

Is it possible to login with a user from the Active Directory Domain to an
Web-Service (like redmine) which is configured to the IPA LDAP?

I have understand this by read this article
(http://www.freeipa.org/page/IPAv3_Architecture#IPA_managed_server_and_Password_based_Login).

===

Henry Hofmann

It should be possible, yes - if you target web service/Red Mine to the compat tree, as it was done for example in this integration:

http://www.freeipa.org/page/HowTo/vsphere5_integration

BTW, if Redmine is run by Apache, you can also leverage native Web<->SSSD<->FreeIPA/AD integration, following

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Web_App_Authentication

Martin