----- Original Message -----
On Tue, 23 Jun 2015, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 06/17/2015 09:56 AM, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jun 2015, Henry Hofmann wrote:
Ok, how can I configure the map of source attributes (mail or any
other) to compat tree?
mail
deployment in an FreeIPA-WindowsAD scenario". TLDR; not possible in the
compat tree as of right now.

Do we have a ticket for this?
No and I don't think it will be possible. slapi-nis is read-only view,
it needs to get these attributes from somewhere. Storing values for
specialized schema in ID overrides is probably going to be too much --
how these source attributes to be managed? In the case of 'single mail'
it would need to be Kolab applications which would need to update such
attributes, how Kolab would do that?

Enabling slapi-nis to be writeable is going to break a lot and in
general would not be possible.
I am missing something. Where the Kolab and writability are coming from?
The thread was about allowing email as an extra attribute in the compat
tree.
There is nothing about writiability.
See https://docs.kolab.org/architecture-and-design/ldap.html, kolabd handles
all modifications to LDAP triggered by other interfaces, including but not
limited to the web UI.
A whole list of attributes that may appear in LDAP for Kolab entries is here:
https://git.kolab.org/diffusion/KS/browse/master/kolab3.schema
Sure but was the request in this thread driven by Kolab? I have not seen that in any of the emails.
Why we assume that it is because of Kolab?

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Director of Engineering for IdM portfolio
Red Hat, Inc.