Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 09/04/2015 12:00 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Steven Jones wrote:
>>> I have a 3 node IPA cluster, I have replaced the 2 "slaves" however when I
>>> try and remove the last one the master? it says,
>>>
>>> "[root@vuwunicoipam001 thing]# ipa-replica-manage del
>>> vuwunicoipam002.xxxxxxxx
>>> Directory Manager password:
>>>
>>> Deleting a master is irreversible.
>>> To reconnect to the remote master you will need to prepare a new replica
>>> file
>>> and re-install.
>>> Continue to delete? [no]: yes
>>> Deleting this server will orphan 'vuwunicoipam001xxxxxxxxx  and
>>> vuwunicoipam003.xxxxxxxxx
>>> You will need to reconfigure your replication topology to delete this
>>> server.
>>> [root@vuwunicoipam001 thing]# ipa-replica-manage list
>>> Directory Manager password:
>>>
>>> vuwunicoipam002.xxxxxxxx master
>>> vuwunicoipam003.xxxxxxxx master
>>> vuwunicoipam001.xxxxxxxx master
>>> [root@vuwunicoipam001 thing]#"
>>>
>>> So how do I re-configure?
>>
>> Every server is a master. The only differences may be the services running
>> (CA
>> and/or DNS) and only one generates the CRL and manages certificate renewal.
>> Otherwise they are all equal masters.
>>
>> This doesn't show the topology. Were I to guess it looks like:
>>
>>     001
>>    /  \
>> 002  003
>>
>> So you need to run ipa-replica-manage connect vuwunicoipam002 vuwunicoipam003

Did that,

Topology is now,

      002
       /  \
001 - 003

We lost 001 so had to promote 002 to the "master".

I dont recall nor can find anything in the docs on this process, maybe update
you docs to reflect this essential step?

> However, in this case this should not be a problem AFAIK, given that
> ipa-replica-manage tries to preserve the DNA range, from FreeIPA 3.2:

RHEL6.7, IPA 3.0.

I am trying to upgrade to RHEL7.1 and IPA4.1 and want to fix any mistakes made
when the setup was first built in RHEL6.2

"Also be aware of the DNA config"

oh joy....all these hidden land mines to discover.

:(

I suppose the next Q is what queries do I have to run in order to collect all
the relevant [mis-]config to compare against the ideal and then plan to fix
these, and what is the ideal?