On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 09:52:38PM +0000, Les Stott wrote:
> The only way to get around it, because you are using the same
> domain name, is to use different browsers to visit each site.
> Firefox for sitea, chrome for siteb.

It is not the only way; you can flush your browser cache / offline
data for the site and cause the browswer to forget about the issuer.
Certainly with Firefox this is possible (I don't use Chromium).

Or you can use separate Firefox profiles (again I am unsure if
Chromium has this feature) for the separate installations.

Or for installations / experimentation, you can specify a different
"Organization" component of the root issuer DN when installing
FreeIPA.  I include a "timestamp" when installing test servers:

    ipa-server-install --subject 'O=IPA.LOCAL 201508311610'

Hope that helps!
Fraser