From: Rob Crittenden [mailto:rcrit...@redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 9:51 AM
To: Jeffrey Stormshak; Jakub Hrozek; freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] Oracle Linux 5.5 - Legacy Question

Jeffrey Stormshak wrote:
> Thank you for the response.  If I may, can you expand more on the sudoers
> response?
>
> More details from my configuration ...
> The current setup for me is that all my sudoers rules/commands and groups are
> defined and stored in the RHEL 7.1 IDM LDAP.  When I create the
> /etc/sudo-ldap.conf (snippet below), I'm still not able to get it working on
> these 5.5 Linux clients.
>
> uri ldap://ldap-server-name/
> sudoers_base ou=SUDOers,dc=EXAMPLE,dc=COM binddn
> uid=sudo,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=EXAMPLE,dc=COM
> bindpw secret_pass
> bind_timelimit 5
> timelimit 15
>
> In your experience, am I missing some other component?  PAM Modules?
> Reference in the /etc/nsswitch.conf?

It's hard to know what to recommend since you haven't said what isn't working.

Your nssswitch.conf should have:

sudoers: files ldap

You probably want to add sudoers_debug 2 to your sudo-ldap.conf file too while
debugging.

You almost certainly want to use TLS here:

ssl start_tls
tls_cacertfile /etc/ipa/ca.crt
tls_checkpeer yes

You also need your nisdomainname set to your domain to do group or host-based
sudo.

You also need to add this to your sssd.conf:

ldap_netgroup_search_base = cn=ng,cn=compat,dc=example,dc=com

Stick it after ipa_server in the config file.

Use sudo -l to test.

rob