Hi all,

Environment: RHEL6 with IPA 3.0 at current RedHat level. 64-core 256-GB RAM Oracle x4470 M2.

During our migration from NIS on Solaris 140,000+ accounts will be added. After tuning per the guides dbmon.sh shows no roevicts and we get high cache hit ratios.

Per a previous discussion with the list the input is broken down into batches of less than 1,000 users and the default IPA group is changed before each batch. This helped greatly.

Adding all the users takes many hours. Initially ipa user-add takes an average 2.3 seconds per user but degrades by the time there are 140,000 users to an average 6.7 seconds per user.

In tracing it appears that a significant portion of the time ipa user-add takes is not the add itself, it is the query at the end that displays the resulting user account. Is there any legit way to prevent this query?

The length of time it takes to migrate is not a big concern. The concern is the start of the fall school term when we typically add approximately 1,300 accounts per hour during the registration period with our current system.

All suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards, Daryl

 Daryl Fonseca-Holt
 IST/CNS/Unix Server Team