Hello,

I've noticed that when creating a new IPA master users that are set to be
Preserved after deletion are not being replicated to the new master. I
haven't been able to experiment much with this since I'm working in our
production environment, but I did notice that if I restore them as active
users and re-initialize the new master I can then move them to the
'Preserved' category. This change is replicated.

I'm setting up the new master in the normal manner:

On existing master:
ipa-replica-prepare --ip-address x.x.x.x replica.domain.com

And then using ipa-replica-install on the new master:

ipa-replica-install --setup-dns --setup-ca --no-reverse --forwarder x.x.x.x
--forwarder x.x.x.x --ip-address=x.x.x.x replica-info-replica.domain.com.gpg

I'm just wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong, if this is by
design, or if this is an actual bug.

Thanks,

Justin M. Bushey
Systems Administrator