So for our internal yum server, I created a new key and cert request (it had a localhost key and cert but I wanted to start clean):

   # openssl genrsa 2048 > /etc/pki/tls/private/server.key
   # openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -sha1 -days 365 -key
   /etc/pki/tls/private/server.key > /etc/pki/tls/certs/server.crt
   # ipa-getcert request -f /etc/pki/tls/certs/server.crt -k
   /etc/pki/tls/private/server.key -r

ipa-getcert list shows it approved. I set up SSL in apache to use the above .key and .crt, but when I try to run yum against this using ssl:

   # yum search ffmpeg
   Loaded plugins: langpacks

https://yum.private.net/fedora/releases/21/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml:
   [Errno 14] curl#60 - "Peer's certificate issuer has been marked as
   not trusted by the user."
   :

Is there a step I need to take on the clients so they'll accept this cert as trusted? I thought having it be signed by the IPA CA would have taken care of that.

   # ls -l /etc/ipa/ca.crt
   -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2546 Apr 28  2014 /etc/ipa/ca.crt
   #

---
Bret