On Mon, 08 Aug 2016, Deepak Dimri wrote:
Hi List,
I want some help here! i have 100 of linux servers and ec2 instances
used by various teams/departments.   I want to have group wise
clubbing of these servers so that i can delegate administration access
to manager of  that particular group. For example lets say out of those
100 servers, 25 servers belongs to engineering team so i want to
register these 25 servers under engineering group/domain and then
assign the full administration access to engineering manager to manage
these 25 servers and there accesses.  I am getting a sense that we can
create DNS subdomains for each team i.e. engineering.<ipa server domain
name> and then register those 25 servers under engineering.<ipa server
domain name> but then i am not sure how i can assign the access and do
rest of the configurations.  I would be thankfully if any of you can
provide with configuration steps to help me
What kind of administration do you want to achieve?

- Managing IPA objects themselves?
- Managing actual machines as in login to them, run sudo, etc?

For the former you'd need to learn how to deal with
permissions/privileges/roles and create separate
permissions/privileges/roles that look like a default one with
additional target filter based on the hostgroup membership.

For the latter you'd use HBAC rules.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy