On 09.08.2016 10:08, Deepak Dimri wrote:
Hi All,

I want to extend my FreeIPA Directory Scheme - want to add a new ObjectClass and add few attributes to existing person ObjectClass. I see lot of places it is mentioned i can do it through 389-console command but i dont find it in my freeIPA server. I am getting ObjectClass not found error when trying to add using FreeIPA admin gui configuration tab. Is there any documentarians steps available how schema can be extended in freeIPA using GUI or outside? I am not finding any helpful material on this and hence thought of checking with you all!

Thanks,
Deepak

Hello,

please read [pages 6-7]
https://www.freeipa.org/images/5/5b/FreeIPA33-extending-freeipa.pdf

You should *not* extend IPA objectclasses, you have to create own, otherwise we may and will break your schema during upgrade

Martin