On Wed, 24 Aug 2016, Chris Moody wrote:
Hello.

Wanted to first take a quick moment to thank everyone for their contributions on making this such a slick packaging and integration of components. FreeIPA is a welcome systemthat has been needed for a LONG time.

I'm running into some trouble in completing my AD-trust setup.

I've followed the guide here: http://www.freeipa.org/page/Active_Directory_trust_setup

but am not finding the command 'ipa trust-fetch-domains "ad_domain"'.

What concerns me is the statement " With this command running successfuly, IPA will get information about trusted domains and will create all needed identity ranges for them." - does this imply that if this command is NOT run that the creation of the mentioned identity ranges does not occur?

The following command in the guide (ipa trustdomain-find "ad_domain") also does not exist, but what appears to be a variant of it (ipa trust-find) does return these results:
What FreeIPA version do you have? Sounds like FreeIPA 3.0.something.

In FreeIPA 3.0 support for trust to AD was only taking off. Most of
features were added in FreeIPA 3.3 and later, with FreeIPA 4.2 being
most stable.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy