On 12/21/2016 02:07 PM, Sandor Juhasz wrote:
Hi,

i would like to modify schema to have group objects extended with email and display name attribute.
The reason is that we are trying to sync our ldap to our google apps.

I don't know how much this doc http://www.freeipa.org/images/5/5b/FreeIPA33-extending-freeipa.pdf can be applied to groups. Neither did i find a supported attribute syntax for email, maybe PrintableString 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.58 For values which contain strings containing alphabetic, numeral, and select punctuation characters (as defined in RFC 4517 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4517>).

but i am not sure if that could hold email addresses.
why don't you just use the mail attribute ? only define a new auxilliary objectclass allowing mail and displayname

It would be pretty to have it exposed via ipalib and js plugins as well.
If someone could help me out on extending schema, i would be really happy.

*Sándor Juhász*
System Administrator
*ChemAxon**Ltd*.
Building Hx, GraphiSoft Park, Záhony utca 7, Budapest, Hungary, H-1031
Cell: +36704258964

Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill, Eric
Shander