Thanks for your reply.

This was the initial error I asked for help a while ago and did not get
resolved. Further digging showed the recent errors.
The service was running (using ipactl start --force) and only after a
restart I am getting a stack trace for two primary messages:

Could not connect to LDAP server host wwgwho01.webwim.com port 636 Error
netscape.ldap.LDAPException: Authentication failed (48)

Internal Database Error encountered: Could not connect to LDAP server host
wwgwho01.webwim.com port 636 Error netscape.ldap.LDAPException:
Authentication failed (48)

and finally:
[02/Jan/2017:12:20:34][localhost-startStop-1]: CMSEngine.shutdown()