On 14/01/2017 20:01, Raul Dias wrote:

I am migrating a network to FreeIPA. LDAP, NFS, no Active Directory.

A Windows Server 2008 R2, cannot use FreeIPAs bind to resolve DNS query.
This server works fine with my old bind server, google's dns server (8.8.8.8), but not FreeIPA's. Using wireshark, I can see the the response gets to this host, but is simply ignored. Clocks are in sync.

Not sure if the problem is in the FreeIPA's side, probably not.

Any ideas?

On FreeIPA host:  tcpdump -i eth0 -nnv -s0 port 53 and host x.x.x.x

where x.x.x.x is IP address of the 2008R2 server, and assuming eth0 is the NIC.

See if any DNS queries arrive at the FreeIPA server. If no: then the problem is with the 2008R2 server, or the network in between. If yes: then see if FreeIPA is answering the queries or not.