On 30/01/17 18:28, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 06:01:03PM +0000, lejeczek wrote:
hi everybody

I'm having trouble trying to figure out, or in other words make this to
work:

I'm setting up a domain in a subnet like this: 10.5.10.48/28 but not sure it
I got it right.
Host reverse resoling does not seem to right. I have:

   Zone name: 28/48.10.5.10.in-addr.arpa.   <= this here is like non-usual, I
understand it's how such a reverse subnet should be defined, but not 100%
sure.
   Here you got it wrong.  IPv4 reverses are split at octet boundary, you
cannot have greater granularity.  And for sure you cannot mix CIDR addressing
(/28)
and netblock type.  On top of that, “/” is not correct character in DNS.

how about this - http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch9/reverse.html - would this not work?

    Your reverse zone is 10.5.10.in-addr.arpa.

(IPv6 reverses are split at nibble boundary, FWIW).