Thank you for the response Martin.  Server1 had no flags upon install
however CA, DNS were selected during the installation.  Server2 was joined
and then the 'ipa-replica-install --skip-conn-check' used to join it.
Manual tests of the ports showed all was good but not in the installation
so I had to use the '--skip-conn-check'.
Server1 -
  Maximum username length: 32
  Home directory base: /home
  Default shell: /bin/sh
  Default users group: ipausers
  Default e-mail domain: lci.devdomain.com
  Search time limit: 2
  Search size limit: 100
  User search fields: uid,givenname,sn,telephonenumber,ou,title
  Group search fields: cn,description
  Enable migration mode: FALSE
  Certificate Subject base: O=LCI.DEVDOMAIN.COM
  Password Expiration Notification (days): 4
  Password plugin features: AllowNThash
  SELinux user map order:
guest_u:s0$xguest_u:s0$user_u:s0$staff_u:s0-s0:c0.c1023$unconfined_u:s0-s0:c0.c1023
  Default SELinux user: unconfined_u:s0-s0:c0.c1023
  Default PAC types: nfs:NONE, MS-PAC
  IPA masters: server1.lci.devdomain.com, server2.lci.devdomain.com
  IPA CA servers: server1.lci.devdomain.com
  IPA NTP servers: server1.lci.devdomain.com, server2.lci.devdomain.com
  IPA CA renewal master: server1.lci.devdomain.com

--
*Matt Wells*
*Lead Systems Architect*